Published: 28/02/2020MALVERNS GREEN APPROACH
One of the biggest contributors to global warming is carbon dioxide. The energy we use for heating, lighting and power in homes produces over a quarter of the UK’s carbon dioxide emissions.
The average household causes about 6 tonnes of carbon dioxide every year. Based on this assessment, your home currently produces approximately 2.3 tonnes of carbon dioxide every year.
Ways to conserve energy, be greener and improve your EPC ratings:
- Lower your thermostat when you are out at work
- Compost pile / container
- Turn off unnecessary water; ½ loads of laundry, running the tap whilst cleaning teeth
- Replace light bulbs to LED bulbs; longer lasting and more efficient
- Unplug unused charger – these are energy vampires
- Check your insulation
- Solar panels where possible
- Energy efficient windows, deal drafts, double glazing
- Upgrade your boiler – is it efficiently functioning?
- Water saving shower head and W/C
- Watch your energy consumption
- Draught proofing